Please click on the links on the left for copies of our policies.
Terms and Conditions
- It is the course applicant’s responsibility, having referred to relevant sources of course information, to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. York Holistic Training is happy to provide advice but accepts no liability in the event that the content of the course or any changes to the course timetable, structure or contents where necessary does not meet individual requirements.
- Once an application and deposit has been received a place on the applicant’s chosen course will be allocated by York Holistic Training. From this point on, the applicant will be subject to and in agreement with all conditions as set out herein by York Holistic Training.
- In accordance with common practice of educational establishments, reasons for denying admission will not be discussed with the applicant. The decision of the Training School is final and is not subject to appeal.
- A minimum of two students for day courses, and 4 students for longer courses, are necessary in order for a course to go ahead. For day courses, if you are the only student booked onto a date, but are able to bring a practice partner with you, we can often still go ahead with the course.
- For day courses, and longer courses, where the student is paying the course fee in full, the balance of the course fee is due 14 days prior to the scheduled start date. This should be paid by bank transfer.
- For longer courses, where the student is taking advantage of the instalment option plan, instalments are due on the 1st of the month. In the event of late payment, you will be required to pay the remaining course fee in full before being able to progress on the course.
- Day long Diploma certificates are only given once students have shown that they have absorbed the information presented during the day, and after demonstrating a satisfactory treatment observed by the tutor. Should additional training be necessary in order for you to fulfil course requirements, you will be offered further training on the next available course date free of charge. Any necessary further training will be charged at the full rate for the course in question.
- For long courses, if a student refers/fails either a practical or theory Assessment, they are given 1 attempt to do so free of charge. Please note that failure to turn up for an Assessment on the pre-agreed Assessment date constitutes a fail. If a student requires more than 1 re-sit within any given course, additional re-sits will attract an additional charge of £75.
- For long courses, students are given a programme of Assessment on the first day of their course. This includes hand-in dates for theory work. The dates for Practical Assessments will coincide with one or more of the course dates listed on course information. Assessment dates are set and by booking onto the course the student is accepting of these dates. Theory dates are issued on the first face to face day of any given long course. York Holistic Training cannot be held responsible for a students inability to attend an Assessment or failure to hand-in theory work on time, regardless of reason. In extenuating circumstances an alternative date may be arranged for a practical assessment and/or an extension to a theory deadline agreed, but this is entirely up to the discretion of YHT. Re-arranged practical assessments attract an additional charge of £75.
- 100% attendance is required in order to fulfil the requirements of any course.
- The majority of York Holistic Training courses require students to be partly undressed. Students are expected to respect the modesty of others and are reminded that both men and women attend our courses.
- Course fees include course registration fee, certification and practical tuition. For day courses, all materials-towels, use of blankets, creams/oils, resources and self/home study material appropriate to the training course undertaken are also included. For longer courses, please refer directly to course information to see what is/is not included in the course fee.
- For long courses, links to supportive videos may be provided. These are not of professional quality, merely a supplementary resource produced at the request of students. These are provided by York Holistic Training on the understanding that they are not shared with anyone outside of the course.
- In the event of a student needing to be removed from a course due to non-compliance with York Holistic Training’s Student Charter the full remaining course fee will be immediately payable.
- It is acknowledged that all intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents and design rights relating to the course or course materials provided or made available in connection with the course, remain the sole property of York Holistic Training. No copies or sharing of course materials may be made unless it has been agreed in writing by Rachel Booth of York Holistic Training.
Warranty and Liability
The customer accepts that it is their responsibility to verify that their chosen course is suitable for their requirements and they have the level of competence and prerequisite qualifications necessary in order to be able to achieve the objectives of the course.
York Holistic Training’s liability for loss and damage shall be limited to a claim for damages. The maximum aggregate liability will be the charges for the course out of which the loss or damage has arisen. York Holistic Training will not be liable for indirect, special or consequential loss (including loss of anticipated profit or data), howsoever arising, even if it has been advised of such potential loss.
- If for any reason you have to cancel your place on the course, please provide your tutor with at least 10 days written notice.
- If you wish to cancel your place and provide at least 10 days written notice, 50% of the remaining course fee will be refunded. Deposits are non-refundable, unless you have given York Holistic Training 7 days notice in writing, from the date of booking.
- Course fees for cancellations within 10 days of the course date will not be refunded or transferred.
- If you do not turn up on the day or you cancel your attendance on the course day and/or have given no written notice that you will not be attending the course, then the full course fee is non- refundable and non-transferable.
- If you have/have not paid your final balance by previous arrangement with the tutor and do not arrive for the course, you will still be held liable for payment of the full/remaining course payment.
- York Holistic Training cannot accept responsibility for students’ changes to work commitments, illness or personal circumstances within this 10 day period and will not transfer or refund fees.
- For long courses, if a student withdraws from the course for any reason at any point after the start date, the full remaining course fee will still be due.
- If a course is cancelled due to low numbers or for reasons beyond our control, we will endeavour to transfer you to another course date with the same tutor, if you chose not to transfer to an alternative date then the deposit will remain non-refundable but the remaining course fee will be fully refundable.
By booking your place on this course you agree to the terms and conditions above. We very much look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions about your course please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Booth on 07565 708918.