- Quality Staff and Quality Teaching
Being a relatively small training provider and by keeping the number of teaching staff to a minimum, YHT can ensure the quality of staff and teaching across the full range of courses. The founder and principal of YHT, Rachel Booth, teaches the majority of courses, with highly experienced teacher and sports therapist, Louise Hacking teaching on some of the L3 Sports Massage courses.
Internal Quality Assessors Trevor Phillips and Suzanne Hoggard support, advise and ensure the highest standards of course delivery. Their knowledge and hands on experience being highly regarded within their particular fields of expertise.
- Small Class Sizes
Along with the quality of teaching, small class sizes are the linchpin of learning, particularly with regard to vocational, practically based courses. To ensure plenty of one on one teaching and in order to maintain our exceptionally high pass rate, our tutor to learner ratio is kept to a maximum of 1 to 4 for our 1 day CPD courses and 1 to 8 for our longer practitioner courses.
- Contact Time is almost 100% Practical
We believe that almost all of face to face contact time with our learners should be used on the practical application and development of new skills, ensuring learners qualify with confidence in their chosen therapy. Whilst reiterated in class, theory work is completed at home where students can cover content at their own pace.
- Flexible Courses
Whilst our practitioner courses require 100% attendance, because there is more than one delivery option for each course, sickness and exceptional circumstances can be worked around wherever possible.
- ‘Real Environment’ Practical Experience
As York Holistic Training is based in a Sports and Social Club their are opportunities on all practitioner courses for learners to work on members of the public in a ‘real life’ situation/work place setting.
- 0% Finance/Paying by Instalment Option
For practitioner courses, after deposit payment, you can pay for your course by instalments at no extra charge.
- Excellent Value for Money and Out of Class Support
Pricing for our Active IQ and VTCT practitioner courses is kept competitive as there is less tutor/learner contact time than is found on some comparable courses. We believe that theory work that can be completed at home should be done so. This is supported by high quality course materials and online tutor support between contact days.
On day 1 of your practitioner course (or on booking for L4 SMT’s) you will be given access to the YHT course Vimeo library which contains tutorials on all practical work covered in class.
Please click here to watch a short extract from one of our teaching Vimeos.
A £100 discount is given to learners who pay their full course fee by day 1 of their chosen practitioner course.
- 10% discount on all YHT CPD Courses
After completing a practical course with us you will enjoy a lifetime 10% discount on all 1 day CPD courses completed with YHT.
- Access to Sports Massage Association/Association of Reflexologists
Unlike many courses on the market today, the content of, and length of our Sports Therapy and Reflexology Practitioner courses, are designed to comply with the legibility criteria for access to either SMA or AOR membership.
- Post Course On-Going Support
Our experience tells us that many learners find the stepping stone from becoming a qualified practitioner to setting up there own practice daunting. To help bridge this gap we offer the following:
– Lifetime access to YHT course related Vimeos so that you can stay abreast of new developments and
– Access to YHT’s Facebook Course Related Scholars page, where you can interact with YHT tutors and past students. This allows you to share ideas, seek opinions, organise treatment swaps, hear about employment opportunities in the local area, and access ‘free’ treatments from current students who require clients to practice on and use for assessment purposes etc.
– Referrals from Principal, Rachel Booth – with an ever increasing teaching load, Rachel now outsources a percentage of both her old and new clients, referring to past students who sometimes treat from her clinic room in Dunnington Sports Club.
– Course Specific Business Development Advise over and above the requirements of the course.
- Proven Reputation
We can talk about ourselves, but it is the opinions of our past learners that I’m sure is more important to you! Click here to view testimonials taken from our end of course learner review sheets, or click here to view course reviews on our Facebook page.