Pregnancy Massage can help alleviate many of the symptoms and conditions associated with pregnancy. During this amazing time of physical and emotional change massage can be of enormous benefit to both the mother and baby.
Throughout this one day course you will learn how to perform a safe and effective pregnancy massage routine and gain an understanding of how pregnancy affects the mother’s body physically, mentally and emotionally.
In addition to this you will learn about the common ailments associated with pregnancy, and how, as practitioners, we can help to alleviate symptoms.
- Health and Safety
- Professional ethics
- Contra-actions and Contra-indications
- History of Pregnancy Massage
- Safe and comfortable client positions
- Benefits and effects of Pregnancy Massage
- Preparation of client including consultation & record keeping
- Materials, equipment and products
- Practical demonstration and tuition of Pregnancy Massage techniques
- Self help techniques
- Client after-care
Assessment takes place throughout with a final practical completed at the end of the day to confirm knowledge and understanding.
L3 Massage and L3 Anatomy and Physiology or equivalent
UPCOMING COURSE DATES (2018/19)
Thursday 15th November
Monday 28th January
Thursday 28th March
Tuesday 16th July
Alternative dates may be available on request.
For bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org. A booking form will then be emailed to you, along with deposit payment details.
For further information please call Rachel on 07565 708918